Fluid-Quip is pleased to offer the FQ-IM40 and FQ-IM40H horizontal rotor Impact Mills for the corn wet milling third grind application. By combining gentle action on the delicate corn fibers with powerful crushing power on the bound starch particles, the Fluid-Quip Impact Mills do make quite an Impact on corn wet mill bound starch numbers and overall starch yields.
- Tight manufacturing tolerances and G1 balance specifications (ISO1940/ANSI S2.19-1989) on all rotating parts reduce the machine vibration to a minimum, resulting in smooth worry free operation, prolonged bearing life, and overall reduced maintenance costs.
- The sturdy frame and motor support were designed to ensure structural stability and minimize machine vibration.
- Belt driven machine design
- Dual flanged feed inlets with flanged cleanout ports
- Standard foot mounted motors
- Vibration switch with internal alarm/shutdown limits
- Continuous oil lubrication system
- Large discharge hopper with flanged outlet
- Installed in conjunction with with pressure screens and paddle screens, a single FQ-IM40H Impact Mill can mill a capacity up to 40,000 BPD (1000 MTPD)
THIRD GRIND DISC MILLS vs. IMPACT MILLS
- Less energy consumption per unit of grind rate
- Less fine fiber generation in the product slurry
- Lower overall bound starch in fiber
- Increased starch yields
- Optimum machine performance across wide range of capacity and feed conditions without need for operator adjustments
- Consistent machine efficiency and product quality across the life and wear cycle of the impact pins. Less temperature rise across the machine, reducing the risk of starch gelatinization
- Smaller motor sizes required
FQ-IM40 • FQ-IM40H • Impact Retrofit
For more information,
contact us today.
This FQ-IM40 impact mill is designed for third grind operation, using maximum of 300 attached horsepower through a belt drive system. The mill features a horizontally rotating 40″ rotor lined with 3″ long impact pins to provide efficient separation of bound starch from fiber particles, with minimal particle size reduction of the fiber.
The smaller impact mill FQ-IM40 is capable for capacities up to 24,000 bpd (600 MTPD).
This FQ-IM40H impact mill is designed for third grind operation, using maximum of 600 attached horsepower through a belt drive system. The mill features a horizontally rotating 40″ rotor lined with 3″ long impact pins to provide efficient separation of bound starch from fiber particles, with minimal particle size reduction of the fiber.
The Fluid-Quip FQ-IM40H impact mill is capable for capacities up to 40,000 bpd (1000 MTPD).
Impact Mill Retrofit
Do you have a older machine in need updating? A re-manufactured machine offers the same performance and dependability of Fluid-Quips new Impact Mills using the frame of the old machine and keeping the foot print the same. This can reduce piping and mounting costs and may reduce manufacturing costs as well. Once rebuilt the new Impact Mill will accept all of Fluid-Quips replacement parts to lower cost of maintenance and increase dependability.